Half'n'half

Good afternoon,

You may remember me mentioning that I sent round an email to family and family friends mentioning my blog and fundraising page. In my post yesterday I published an excellent photo of my dad's cousin. Further to this photo, I also received a story from a relative about my great, great uncle. Great, great Uncle  Fred sported a moustache for most of his life. I am still hunting a photo of him with his moustache, but so far have only found a piccie of him without one.

One year, Fred went on holiday with his family to a canal boat. (You can just imagine him standing at the back of the boat like a boss, with his moustache on display to the world) Anyway, it rained for most of the holiday, and being stuck inside a canal boat in the rain for longer than a few hour sounds SO boring, so understandably the kids got a little bored.

In a massive attempt to liven things up a bit, Fred vanished into his cabin and emerged having shaved half of his moustache! I consider this to be a VERY bold move. I can just see myself being very protective over my mo in November, they're precious things!! I mean, demoting half of your face to baldness just to ask the question "Which side do you prefer?" is bad enough, but to then hear that they preferred the moustached side must have been torture!

Still, despite my confusion at the bold move that he made, I must say I respect the braveness to sport half a moustache. I do not know how long he had half a tache for, but it has certainly made for a great story.

Continuing with the half a tache theme, I needed to shave this morning, so thought I would give a photo to support this post...


Another weeks growth compared to a freshly smooth face!
I must add, that I only had half a smooth face for around 10 minutes, it quickly became a fully smooth face. :) I am not brave (or stupid) enough to strut around MK with that setup.

In other news, my OLD gentleman of a friend has now jetted (hitchhiked) his way off around Europe, but we did have a good time celebrating his 21st with a few beers on Saturday night. Also, I am very excited to move back to Leicester, I can't wait for the inevitable house warming party we will hold and I am itching to do some Physics!

Finally, I think the photos of my dad have surfaced, I am awaiting an email and will show you all as soon as I can (so effectively as soon as I have permission to embarrass!!)

Until next time..

Henry

:{)

No comments:

Post a Comment